10/02/2017

Warm Wishes Snowman

I love this joyful little snowman - he makes me want a mug of cocoa by the fireplace.  I made this card for the new release at Cottage Cutz where I'm guest designing.
I cut all the pieces using a combination of white and colored card stock.  I used colored stock for the red and green and white for the rest.  I colored those pieces with Copic markers.
Next I cut three pieces of background paper - red pattern is 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, white 1 3/4 x 5 3/8, kraft pattern 1 1/2 x 5 3/8.  They will all be mounted to an A2 base - 4 1/4 x 5/1/2.
To add some depth to the red cup I used Real Red ink and a sponge dauber to add shadows.
In the top of the photo you will see a piece I cut from white card stock to use to mask off the rim of the cup as I sponged it.
One thing I love about this set - that funky looking scarf piece on the left becomes....
a polka dot scarf when put together!  How great is that!?

When it came time to put this together I played with several options.  One was to use snowflakes as a background element.  I really liked that, but I also liked the peppermints.  A family poll was divided - they both looked good.
Ultimately I chose the peppermints because I liked the way they picked up the stripe in the paper I used as a frame.  Had I used different paper I would have gone with the snowflakes.  The sentiment is heat embossed in white.

Dies - Cottage Cutz Snowman in Cocoa, Snowflakes Set, Basic Circles
Sentiment Stamp - Lawn Fawn Love You a Latte

Thanks for visiting!  Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.  (And don't forget to sign up for email notifications of new posts!)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment