9/08/2017

Stop and Smell the Flowers!

Today's card features some of my favorite things - hummingbirds, roses and Prismacolor pencils! This is such a delicate image the pencils were perfect!

This is an A2 side fold card.  A bit unusual for me but it worked well with the stamps and dies.
I picked out the patterned paper first and then matched the colors for the rose to it.  Since roses can be almost any color, this was easier than trying to find a coordinating paper AFTER I colored the image. I used Copic markers under the colored pencils. (I'll have another post later on with coloring tips for colored pencils.)
Next I die cut the foliage from the Fancy Doves with Vine die set and glued it directly to the card.  I then die cut the bird and roses.
I tied the ribbon on the bottom of the die cut and popped it off the card using foam dots.  I used a small glue dot to adhere the ribbon to the die cut.
My next to last step was to add the sentiment. I decided to rip the edge of the sentiment strip to give it a more organic feel.  A tip for this - score where you want to tear first.  Your tear is more controlled this way.  The last step was to add sequins.  I almost forgot them, but you can see them in the first photo.  This card called for a little bling!

Dies used - Cottage Cutz Hummingbird and Roses, and Fancy Doves with Vine

I hope you enjoyed today's card.  This is such a pretty stamp and die set - I had so much fun coloring it and creating this card!  I'm a guest designer until the end of December at Cottage Cutz - they have great dies (and some stamps sets too).

Don't forget to sign up for email notifications of posts and follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest!

Thanks for visiting! 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment